Friday, August 22, 2014

How to clear your work and leave by 5.30pm every day.

This article is excellent imho. 
This was what I was doing when I was an employee in one of the telcos. My senior manager had a weekly monday morning meeting for any major event and updates by the team mates. We also had to submit weekly timetable (planned and actual) to track what we've been doing. The part about putting the tasks into the calendar and booking the time is what I do personally as well. There might be a lot of meetings going on which results in changes but we have to push the task to another date. The end result of all these is probably you will achieve more or less the major tasks you planned for the week. It's very productive for those who like to procrastinate. 
Unfortunately, I have not been planning forward and tracking my time nowadays , but I am still blocking time on my calendar for tasks i need to do. Maybe I should start doing the weekly timetable again.

Sum Up

Cal's five big tips:1. To-do lists are evil. Schedule everything.2. Assume you're going home at 5:30, then plan your day backwards.3. Make a plan for the entire week.4. Do very few things, but be awesome at them.5. Less shallow work, focus on the deep stuff.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello there,

Thanks for a very informative and interesting read. Your blog has truly inspiring content, and we wish to give our readers a chance to understand investing from a beginner's standpoint. As your writing is engaging and catchy, it would be a great honour for us to work with you.

Our online magazine, Seriously Man, recently won the Best Topical Blog award at the Singapore Blog Awards. With the heavily increasing traffic, we find that our readers want a more varied content. Investing and finance would be of great interest to our primary readership (Singaporean males aged 18-30). Would you be open to contributing some guest articles to our website? We will naturally credit you and your site in the articles. Alternatively, we were thinking of having a weekly column for readers to write in questions about investing, and for you to provide professional answers to their queries.

We would be truly honoured to collaborate with you. Please feel free to reply with any questions you might have! Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Nicholas Tse
Editor-in-Chief

Wealth Journey said...

Thanks for the compliment.
Let me state categorically I'm not into SM. #LameJoke

Right off the bat, I can recommend you a more engaging writer who might be into SM. #LameJoke2.

He has his blog titled as such.
http://singaporemanofleisure.blogspot.jp/

A great story teller and humourous.

I can also recommend a better investor than me. He has a wide following.

http://singaporeanstocksinvestor.blogspot.sg/

Last one, someone as good looking as me but is a suave entrepreneur whose intune with the audience of your choice..

Please look up Jon YongFook Cockle.

I hope you are pleased with the recommendation :) Seriously Man.. you should look into those three!

I know I will regret for not being part of the network which you are developing as I know it will be a success!

Wealth Journey said...

Thanks for the compliment.
Let me state categorically I'm not into SM. #LameJoke

Right off the bat, I can recommend you a more engaging writer who might be into SM. #LameJoke2.

He has his blog titled as such.
http://singaporemanofleisure.blogspot.jp/

A great story teller and humourous.

I can also recommend a better investor than me. He has a wide following.

http://singaporeanstocksinvestor.blogspot.sg/

Last one, someone as good looking as me but is a suave entrepreneur whose intune with the audience of your choice..

Please look up Jon YongFook Cockle.

I hope you are pleased with the recommendation :) Seriously Man.. you should look into those three!

I know I will regret for not being part of the network which you are developing as I know it will be a success!